How to Tie Fishing Line to Baitcast Reel? Fishing is all about non-stop action, it is a way of life for many of us. The main thing used in fishing trips is the baitcasting reel. These reels are a great companion for anglers who prefer to have fun and adventurous trips. Compared to other fishing techniques, baitcasting is a bit hard to master. Fishermen are quite familiar with line trouble which is one of the worst things that can happen on a fishing trip. These line issues are easily avoided by tying a fishing line to a baitcast reel. The real question is how to tie the fishing line to baitcast reel as it is included in the list of proper gears for your fishing expedition.
Tying a fishing line to a baitcaster reel isn’t a much complex procedure. Yes, it seems a bit intimidating for a beginner but with proper tools and techniques, you can do that easily. Here, we will go through step by step to learn how to tie the fishing line to the baitcast reel.
Types of Fishing Knots that Use
There are many types of knots that can be used for different purposes. Some knots are better for attaching two pieces of rope together, while others are more useful for securing a load. Here are six of the most common knots and their uses:
- The Square Knot is the most basic knot and is used to join two ropes together. It is also called a Reef Knot.
- The Half Hitch is used to attach a rope to a post or another object.
- The Bowline Knot is good for tying a rope around a person or an object.
- The Clove Hitch is useful for attaching a rope to a pole or another object.
- The Sheet Bend is used to join two ropes of different thicknesses together.
- The Figure-Eight Knot is good for tying a rope around an object, such as a tree trunk.
Steps to Tie Fishing Line to Baitcast Reel
Follow these steps below after getting the right equipment like a rod, reel, line, screwdriver, and pliers.
1. Step 1
There is a small ring on the fishing rod which is known as a guide. If you look closely at the rod, you will find this ring. Thread the end of the fishing line through the guides on the fishing pole. Pull the line to the end of the rod where the smallest rings are located and then move towards the base of the pole.
2. Step 2
This step is about putting the end of the line through the guide clip in front of the spool after you have drawn the line. Pull the line up from the other side of the spool, then put the end of the line underneath the spool.
3. Step 3
Reach underneath the spool and grab the end of the line. Grab both lines and tie them in an arbor knot. Grab the loop located on the inner side of the reel and tie the line to the loop. This will help the line stay in a place when there is a massive strain from large fishes.
4. Step 4
Now, it is time to wrap the fishing line around the spool. Turn the handle slowly and clockwise to wind the fishing line around the spool. Don’t rush in this process or the line will spread unevenly on the spool. Cut the line so you have at least three feet of extra line when the spool is full. You can use the extra line to tie your hooks and weights.
Some Tips to Tie Fishing Line to Baitcast Reel
Here, we are giving you some advice so you can refrain from certain issues that you might face while tying the fishing line….
- Don’t force the spooler to generate more tension. This can ruin the fishing line badly.
- Try to maintain the tension at a sweet spot that is beneficial to the fishing line, don’t even apply a little pressure on it.
- Check your reel for the fishing line as it should always be filled with it.
- There should be a gap of at least 1/8ʺ between the top of the stack and the edge of the spool.
- For fastening the arbor know, always use your dominant hand as it will make it easier for you and speed up the process.
- If you are stuck, don’t hesitate to call someone, preferably someone with little experience.
- Spend a bit of money on the fishing line as it will help you make real progress. If you for a cheap fishing line, you are most likely to face issues in the near future.
- Don’t wrap the fishing line around the spool by hand.
Final Thoughts on Tieing Line to a Baitcast Reel
Baitcasting is a little complex technique compared to other fishing practices. Tying the fishing line to a baitcasting reel can be a little intimidating for beginners but with proper tools and following the right methods, it can be done easily. We have given a step-by-step procedure to help you tie a baitcasting reel with minimum effort. Follow the steps and tips mentioned above and have the best fishing experience of your life.
When you’re fishing, there are a few pieces of equipment that are essential. One of those is a baitcast reel. These reels help you cast your line farther and with more accuracy. And, when it comes to tying line to a baitcast reel, there are a few things you need to know in order to do it properly. In this article, we’re going to give you some tips on how to tie line to a baitcast reel, as well as some final thoughts on the process.
Leave a Reply