Browning Camping Big Horn 8 Person Cabin Tent: When you look for the best camping tent that is suitable for family use at a very affordable price, the Browning Camping tent is the ultimate choice. It is a huge, tall, and freestanding family tent having 2 doors and 6 windows. This tent is particularly famous for its high performance in the most challenging conditions having all the required space and reliability.
Let’s take a dive into what this Browning Camping Big Horn 8 Person Tent has to offer. We will tell you how this tent performs in a variety of conditions for different users.
Browning Big Horn 8 Person Tent – Complete Review and Specifications
Here are the main specifications of the Browning Camping Big Horn 8 Person Cabin Tent:
- Item Weight: 34.6 lbs.
- Peak Height: 7 feet 3 inches
- Tent Area: 150 Square feet
- Per-Person Area: 18.8 Square feet
- Steel stakes and guy ropes included
- Seasons: 3 seasons
- Packed Size: 12ʺ x 30ʺ
Structure and Construction
The Big Horn tent has a great build and overall structure which is a major reason for its popularity. It has two rooms with a separate door for each one and a small awning as well. Both the doors with the inclusion of the six windows of this camping tent have mesh from outside and the inside has a waterproof panel. The tent also has a fly with a minimal design that creates a roof for protecting windows from rainwater. You can even keep the windows partially open when it is raining. The 2 rooms have three pockets each and huge walls, so no issue of space arises.
Poles and Fabric
The poles of the Big Horn 8 Person Tent are all shock-corded. The following poles are there in this camping tent:
- 2 long diagonal fiberglass poles from corner to corner.
- 1 fiberglass pole that goes over the center.
- 6 steel poles to support the roof and the tent.
- 2 fiberglass poles for small awning creation above the 2 doors.
The tent has a bathtub-type floor which is very durable. It is a 150D PU coated polyester oxford floor with a 2000mm waterproof rating. Polyester is a great material for tents as it doesn’t absorb water. The fly of this tent is waterproof as well, it is 75D 185T polyester. This tent is designed in such a way that resists any UV damage and stays taut. The walls are also made waterproof with factory-sealed seams.
Browning Camping Big Horn Tent Setup
You can find an instruction sheet for setting up this 8-person tent attached to the carry bag from inside. Here’s how you can set up this camping tent for usage…
- Firstly, spread the tent to the full extent.
- Pass the 3 roof poles through the sleeves of the tent.
- Add the side poles and erect the tent.
- Your tent is in a self-supporting and freestanding state.
Using the Browning 8 Person Camping Tent
The Browning Big Horn tent offers almost 1.7 m2 per person who is sharing the tent. It means the tent is righteously claiming that it provides enough space for 8 people to live in. In the case of a family, you can easily live in this tent with a family of up to 4 kids. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have any external storage area for gear. You can manually add some things next to your tent and keep some stuff there.
This best camping tent is well-packed so, you can easily transport it both in the car or motorbike. You can take it with you on a cross-country tour with your fellow bikers. It is a tall tent with vertical walls that can accommodate any type of bunk bed. You can get any type of bunk bed from the market and use it there.
Browning Big Horn Camping Tent – Highlights
Here are a few main aspects of the Browning Camping Big Horn 8 Person Tent:
- If you have heard about freestanding tents, this is the prime example of those tents as you can pitch them on any terrain. It has a fully self-supporting structure that doesn’t have to be staked to the ground. This tent has 87 inches peak height which is remarkable. The steel stakes and guy lines are also included in its package.
- This 8-person tent is also a prime example of instant cabin-type tents as its walls are straight and nearly vertical.
- It can be effectively used in 3 seasons. There are many large openings, the ceiling is all mesh and the fly is minimal. The roof poles are made from fiberglass and they span a large distance between the walls.
- This tent is a single layer-type like most tents of such stature, the ceiling and openings have a double-layer structure.