While you may just be thinking about starting your fishing journey, let us remind you that it is essential to get your hands on the best fishing rod and reel combo to make your first experience easy and worth remembering.
However, with hundreds of options present in the market, selecting the best fishing rod and reel combo for beginners can seem like an overwhelming task. Fishing for beginners can be made a lot easier if the correct tools are used, and to solve this problem for you, we have covered the best fishing rod setups along with their features, pros, and cons so you can get your hands on the one suiting you the best.
- 1 Best Fishing Rod and Reel Combo for Beginners Comparison Table
- 2 Best Fishing Rod and Reel Combo for Beginners Reviews
- 2.1 1. PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
- 2.2 2. ShinePick Telescopic Fishing Pole and Reel Combo
- 2.3 3. Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods
- 2.4 4. Ugly Stik GX2 Fishing Rod and Spinning Reel Combo
- 2.5 5. NetAngler Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
- 2.6 6. FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit
- 3 Fishing Rod and Reel Combo – Buying Guide:
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions:
Best Fishing Rod and Reel Combo for Beginners Comparison Table
PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
Carbon fiber with fiberglass
ShinePick Telescopic Fishing Pole and Reel Combo
High-density carbon fiber composites
Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods
High glass carbon fiber
Ugly Stik GX2 Fishing Rod and Spinning Reel Combo
Aluminum and Graphite
NetAngler Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Machined or Aluminium Alloy
FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit
Best Fishing Rod and Reel Combo for Beginners Reviews
1. PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
If you want to treat yourself with some accessories along with getting your hands on one of the best fishing rod and reel combos out there, the PLUSINNO fishing rod and reel combo are definitely for you. It comes with a complete kit that includes seven items in total, including the fishing rod, fishing reel, fishing line, lures, hooks, other accessories, carrier bag, etc.
One of the most prominent benefits of this kit is that you will not need to invest in fishing accessories after buying it. The fishing pole is tough and durable because of the materials like carbon fiber and fiberglass used. Adding to the features, there is also an availability of instant anti-reverse action whenever needed.
- Perfect elasticity
- The reel seat is made of stainless steel.
- Anti-seawater corrosion.
- Portable fishing rod.
- Medium power.
- High strength.
- The starter kit is fantastic for beginners.
- The build quality of the rod is excellent because of the fiberglass.
- Relatively inexpensive for the quality it has to offer.
- Strong and sturdy.
- With some models, the faults have appeared a bit quickly.
- There is no separate carry bag for the reel.
2. ShinePick Telescopic Fishing Pole and Reel Combo
The ShinePick Telescopic fishing rod is one of the best fishing rod and reel combos for beginners because of the number of accessories it offers for people starting their fishing experience. The package comes with five items in total, including a fishing rod pole, a spinning reel, a fishing line, and accessories case, and a carrier bag.
With the kit, you will not need to buy any more fishing accessories and can have a whole learning experience with just one investment. For the fishing rod to have great power and sensitivity, it is made explicitly with high-density carbon fiber composites. It also has an instant stop anti-reverse switch which will help you in fighting a large fish.
- Portable and light in weight.
- Comes with a large spool with an extensive line capacity.
- They are made of high-density carbon fibers.
- Ergonomic handle to make the fishing experience easier and more comfortable.
- Instant stop anti-reverse switch.
- Convenient storage for traveling
- It is light in weight therefore easy to carry.
- It bends well.
- The kit comes with several goodies.
- Works well in both saltwater and freshwater both.
- Putting the pole together can be a bit difficult for beginners.
- According to some complaints, the rings used to hold the stick’s eyes and ends can easily slide up and down because of not having proper adhesive.
- Usually suitable for small freshwater fishes.
3. Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods
One of the best beginner fishing rod and reel combo is this Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods because of the features they come with, including moisture resistance, heat insulation, shock resistance, corrosion resistance, etc. Having all these properties, the combination is still light in weight because high-glass carbon material is used to make them.
The fishing rod and reel combo are specifically made lighter in weight to ensure they are convenient to be carried anywhere. They are much convenient to carry that you can even carry them in a bag pack. The handle is made of GOLF material which gives a solid grip, and the hand does not easily slip while fishing.
- A carbon fiber fishing rod.
- Aluminia guide rails.
- Smooth operation.
- Fast brakes are ensuring a perfect hunt.
- Light in weight.
- Comes in cool colors.
- Has good balance and significant action to offer.
- Helps in fishing with great accuracy.
- Excellent for Bass and Trout fishing.
- The tip can break off for some models.
- The ends are a little tough to slide in.
- Complaints show that the case comes with broken seams.
4. Ugly Stik GX2 Fishing Rod and Spinning Reel Combo
Another option to make fishing for beginners easier and a great experience is this Ugly Stik GX2 Fishing rod and spinning reel combo. This fishing rod comes in one piece with a reel and can make the fishing experience exceptional for the whole family. The rod is extremely light in weight and sensitive, and durable because it is constructed with graphite and fiberglass.
The drag system is of HT-100 carbon fiber, which makes it ideal for a powerful dragging operation without compromising the smoothness. There are EVA grips present, too, which makes the gripping with smaller hands super easy; thus, it is a suitable beginner fishing rod set up for small kids also.
- Aluminum and Graphite material
- Light in weight.
- Offers durability and sensitivity.
- Powerful drag.
- EVA grips especially for small hands.
- Smooth operation because of a ball bearing.
- The rod has to offer excellent sensitivity.
- You can quickly get to switch the reel whenever you need to.
- No issues with casting.
- The spindle on the reel doesn’t go low enough.
- Most probably, this rod won’t be able to handle large size of fishes.
5. NetAngler Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Coming with a great package, this NetAngler fly fishing rod, and reel combo has seven items, including a fly fishing rod, fishing reel, free backing, fly fishing tools, fishing flies, vivid color flies, and carrying bag. This makes it one of the best fishing rod and reel combos for beginners as they don’t have to invest in fishing accessories anymore.
Just because it is light in weight, the fishing rod and reel combo are incredibly convenient to carry. This way, you won’t get tired while carrying it and roaming around for your fishing experience. The guide ring is made of stainless steel, thus ensuring durability and comfortable experience f fly fishing.
- Pre-spooled fly line in the fly when to save time.
- The fishing line is protected because of the stainless steel guide ring.
- Reduction in friction due to advanced guides.
- Avoids loose swing of the reel.
- Spool constructed with durable aluminum.
- Considered a good option for beginners.
- Rod is light but durable.
- It comes with a cork handle to ensure a comfortable and firm grip.
- The reel is interchangeable for right and left-hand users.
- Line cleaners are not as helpful, according to the reviews.
- According to few users, the rod tip breaks easily.
6. FISHOAKY Fishing Rod kit
The FISHOAKY fishing rod comes with a complete kit with six items, including a carbon fiber fishing rod, a fishing line, a spinning fishing reel, fishing lures, a fishing bag, and some fishing hooks to make your fishing experience wholesome. This fishing rod and reel combo will include everything, so you don’t have to invest in any other fishing accessories.
The fishing rods are made of high-density carbon fiber, which makes them extremely lightweight and durable, making your fishing experience much more convenient and more accessible. It also helps in saving the storage space because it can shrink to the shortest length possible.
- Twelve months of worry-free support.
- Perfect for freshwater, coastal, and saltwater fishing.
- Portable and extremely easy to carry.
- Light in weight.
- It can be shrunk to the shortest.
- The trim kit can easily fit in the smallest of spaces.
- For excellent casting, it can easily extend to its entire length.
- The fishing pole is quite strong.
- The reel is of outstanding quality.
- Does not come with any kind of specific instructions.
- According to some reviews, the pole doesn’t lock in its place entirely.
Fishing Rod and Reel Combo – Buying Guide:
Here are the things you should pay attention to while buying a fishing rod and reel combo so that, as a beginner, you can get your hands on the best one.
Type of Action:
It is essential to know whether you need a fast or slow action rod. This means the point when the fishing rod starts to bend when a fish begins applying pressure on it. If you want to achieve maximum casting distance, slow-action rods are the best options. But if you need increased sensitivity, you can get your hands on the fast action rods.
Ball Bearings of Fishing Reel:
The higher the number of ball bearings, the smoother is the operation of the reel. Two ball bearings with a reel are a good choice; however, if you can afford to go for the reel that has at least four ball bearings for better performance.
Power of the Rod:
The power of the rod basically means the lifting strength of the rod. For this, you have to consider the type of fish you will catch to make sure the power goes well with the desired size.
Drag System of the reel:
Making sure the entire casting process and then rewinding the reel smoothly gives a better dragging system. You can have options of having star drags or lever drags; however, the lever drags are more precise and more expensive.
Ensure the guides are made of some durable material because the guides ensure the longevity and the lifetime of your fishing rod and reel combo.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Should I buy a rod and reel combo?
As a beginner, buying a fishing rod and reel combo is always recommended rather than aiming to buy them separately. However, experienced anglers can get better service while buying the rod and reel separately according to their needs and demands.
How to choose the rod and reel combo?
Choosing a fishing rod with medium-light power along with fast action is an overall good choice. When it comes to selecting a good reel, you should go for a reel that comes with a more significant number of bearings.
Can you put any reel on any rod?
Yes, you can. However, keeping in mind putting the reel’s right size with the right length of the rod is extremely important. The reel must have the recommended Ib test line, and it should match with the Ib test line mentioned on the rod.
Best Fishing Rod and Reel Combo for Beginners – Conclusion:
While we have tried to mention all the best fishing rod and reel combo for beginners to make their experience extremely easy and convenient throughout, make sure to have your proper research before getting your hands on any one of them.
Look for the price, the accessories that the kit includes, the length of the rod, the grip of the handle, the reel type, ball bearings that the reel comes with, and many more features to make sure that you.