We love the idea of going fish to unwind from a tough week. It helps to recharge and enjoy fresh fish by a scenic riverside. Sadly, a lot of people avoid bringing their fishing dreams to reality merely because they are afraid to carry the equipment. Well, that’s nothing to worry about because you can now find the best backpacking fishing poles at various price points.
So here we go with our list!
- 1 Best Backpacking Fishing Poles Comparison Table
- 2 Best Backpacking Fishing Poles Reviews 2021
- 2.1 1. Blue Fire Fishing Rod Kit: Best Lightweight Backpacking Fishing Kit
- 2.2 2. Sougayilang Graphite Carbon Fiber Portable Spinning Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 2.3 3. Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit
- 2.4 4. PLUSSINO Kids Fishing Pole: Best Backpacking Fishing Pole for Kids
- 2.5 5. Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod: Affordable Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 3 Best Backpacking Fishing Poles: Buying Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Backpacking Fishing Poles Comparison Table
Blue Fire Fishing Rod Kit
High density carbon fiber
Sougayilang Graphite Carbon
High density 24 ton carbon fibre
Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager
PLUSSINO Kids Fishing Pole
FRP, EVA, Plastic
0.6 kg rod
Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod
High density 24 ton carbon fibre
Best Backpacking Fishing Poles Reviews 2021
1. Blue Fire Fishing Rod Kit: Best Lightweight Backpacking Fishing Kit
It is one of the finest fishing equipment one can ask for. Blue Fire fishing rod comes with several qualities that you must experience at least once. It’s a rod and reel combo designed to impress you and help you get the best fish in the sea. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration if we say it’s among the most reliable products.
Everything about this backpacking fishing pole is on point from elasticity to durability. The high-density carbon filter adds to its sturdiness and durability. It features high-quality and anti-corrosion colorful guided rings.
The entire set is very easy to carry as it is lightweight and the overall design is quite comfortable to use. It comes in a high-quality nylon carry bag with a good enough capacity to conveniently store your items.
The rod and reel are quite suitable for saltwater, inshore, and freshwater bass trout fishing. Moreover, it has a gear ratio of 5:2:1 which is quite great to catch the fish you desire. Overall, it’s a great value for money.
- Fishing rod
- Fishing reel
- Fishing line
- Fishing lures
- Fishing hooks
- Made of high-density carbon fiber
- 5.2:1 gear ratio
- Nylon carry bag
- Colorful anti-corrosion guide rings
- Anodized aluminum spool
- Front drag system
- Instant anti-reverse
- Full package fishing kit is ideal for giving as a gift
- Comfortable grip for a comfortable fishing experience
- Sturdy and lightweight
- The rod is slightly long for river fishing
2. Sougayilang Graphite Carbon Fiber Portable Spinning Telescopic Fishing Rod
Having one of the best backpacking fishing poles really hypes you up throughout the trip. The feeling of catching the best fish is no doubt very exciting. Sougayilang spinning rod is something you need to keep yourself excited and motivated throughout your fishing trip. The product is made of high-density carbon fiber that adds to its durability.
Most importantly, the product is lightweight. You can easily take it to your trips without getting body aches later on. You really get to experience worry-free fishing. What else do we look for when searching for the best travel fishing rod?
The reel seat is made of high-quality and corrosion-resistant CNC machined aluminum. This plays a huge role in the durability of the product. Also, how can we skip talking about its size? It is so compact that you easily fit it in your car’s trunk and your backpack.
- 24-ton Toray carbon blanks
- Three-point welded stainless steel guides
- Corrosion-resistant reel seat
- High-density EVA grip
- Metal buckle
- Carbon texture
- Lightweight and portable
- Available in various sizes and lengths
- Available in different and sizes lengths for varying needs
- Lightweight and compact design easily fits in car trunk and backpacks
- Lifts to 10 pounds
- Not suitable for big fish
3. Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit
Okuma is a trusted retailer when it comes to selling fishing equipment. We have shortlisted this product for reasons that you will fall in love with. People have been using it for panfish, catfish, bass, and so many other types of fishing. It’s quite exciting to get multipurpose fishing equipment at such a good price.
It’s a 5-piece travel rod making it compact for carrying around and convenient for storage. The grip of the fishing rod is very comfortable. It does not make you feel fatigued no matter how long you use it. The package also includes a tackle box that holds spinners, fishing hooks, spoons, and a couple of other related items. This helps to travel light and comfortably. Now, that’s a treat!
You also get a custom travel case with it so you don’t have to buy one separately with it. The travel case is high-quality and safe for your items. It is padded, soft-sided, and has a secure zipper closure. Moreover, it has separate sections for rod and reel which makes it more organized.
- Size 20 voyager reel
- Ball-bearing drive system
- Corrosion-resistant graphite frame
- Machine-cut brass pinion gear
- One-piece anodized aluminum spool
- 5-pieces and compact size
- Includes a tackle box
- Includes a custom travel case
- The travel case has separate sections for rod and reel
- High-quality and durable components
- Takes up minimum space
- Makes noise when in use
4. PLUSSINO Kids Fishing Pole: Best Backpacking Fishing Pole for Kids
Fishing has no age limit therefore your kids shouldn’t miss out on such a wholesome experience. Don’t worry if you don’t have a fishing pole their size. We have shortlisted one for your kids and it is one of the best choices one can make. Your kids will definitely thank you for making them part of something so exciting.
The kit has everything that’s included in the best backpacking fishing poles for adults. The only difference is that it is made to suit the capability of children. It is easy to carry and store. You wouldn’t have to worry about holding it for your child because it is lightweight and quite smaller than adult fishing poles.
The rod comes with a large spool and large line capacity. It might not be able to catch very big fish obviously but it does catch some kinds of fish. We are sure your child will have a fulfilled experience after using this rod.
- 1 Crankbaits
- 2 Float bobbers
- 2 sinker
- 3 stopper
- 4 jig head
- 5 Red soft lures
- 5 Green soft lures
- 5 Rolling barrel fishing swivels
- 5 Barrel swivel with safety snap connector solid rings
- 10 Fishing beads
- 1 Tacklebox
- 5.2:1 gear ratio
- Lightweight and collapsible
- Lightweight and easily fits in small hands
- Can be used with other kids’ fishing products
- Includes several fishing accessories
- The fishing line is prone to tangling
5. Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod: Affordable Telescopic Fishing Rod
This is extremely lightweight fishing equipment by Sougayiland. It is made of high-density 24-ton carbon fiber and e-glass composite. Everything about this product is hard to ignore. You will find everything close to perfection from its balance to overall performance. Users feel ni fatigue after using this.
It’s a portable design that is ideal for traveling and easy storage… As it is lightweight and portable, it is also very easy to carry around without hurting your muscles. The design is sturdy and durable. No doubt, it’s a great value for money that you shouldn’t miss out on. It features a CNC machined aluminum reel seat that contributes a lot to its durability.
The spinning guides are easy to handle and do not tangle at all. Also, it is a perfect gift for anyone who invests their heart and soul into fishing. It has everything one wants in the best backpacking fishing poles.
So, what’s the wait? Grab yours now and see what more it has in store for you.
- CNC machined aluminum reel seat
- 24-ton carbon fiber and E-Glass construction
- Stainless steel spinning guides
- Lifts to 10 pounds
- For saltwater and freshwater fishing
- Reactable EVA handle design
- High-quality, sturdy, and lightweight design
- Features a retractable handle design
- Tangle-free operations for more convenience
- Not suitable for extreme weather conditions especially heavy rainfall
Best Backpacking Fishing Poles: Buying Guide
Storage is an important factor to consider whether you are buying something as simple as a milk pot or something technical like a fishing pole. The same goes for a backpacking fishing pole. It becomes a pain in your neck when the product wouldn’t fit anywhere and you no longer know what to do with it.
Ideally, it should be easy to fit in a small space when you are not using it. Moreover, it shouldn’t be much of a task to squeeze it in a backpack. That’s the whole idea of backpacking fishing poles.
We don’t mind anything portable, especially backpacking fishing poles. Portability matters because you have got to carry the fishing pole around on your own. You really wouldn’t want to hurt your back with a heavyweight on it. This is what portability is necessary especially if you have to travel far off from your location.
Anything that easily fits into a backpack is a good option. However, nowadays, the best backpacking fishing poles.
Also, make sure that the portable fishing pole is easy to assemble and disassemble. You deserve a tension-free fishing experience.
Setting up the fishing equipment is sometimes a greater challenge that one must face. Hence, make sure that whichever product you buy does not give you a hard time setting it up. Luckily, telescopic are quite awesome in this regard.
Figure out where you wanna go fishing. There are different fishing poles for saltwater, freshwater, etc. Using the incorrect type can cause damage to the fishing pole therefore it is necessary to pick the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Pack a Fishing Pole for Backpacking?
Portable fishing poles are relatively easy to pack as they can be disassembled. Make sure to have a backpack with different sections inside so you can put them separately. This way the parts of the fishing rod and reel won’t invade boundaries eventually eliminating the chances of damage and scratches.
2. How Do You Carry a Fishing Pole While Hiking?
The best way to carry a fishing pole while hiking is in a backpack. There are dedicated fishing poles for hiking that can be easily found. The best backpacking fishing poles often come in a case or backpack that you can easily carry around while traveling.
3. Is a Backpacking Fishing Pole Powerful?
It largely depends on the main material, guide rings, and of course, the fishing reel. If three of these factors are powerful then the entire fishing pole becomes powerful.
So now you don’t need to drop your idea of going fishing just because of the thought of carrying a big bag. Simply stick to a backpacking fishing pole and make your trip fun, worry-free, and worth remembering.
We hope our list of the best backpacking fishing poles turns out to be of immense help for you.