While you are all excited to watch beautiful views and build a temporary home away from your home while you camp, what happens when the sun sets? Spending your night in the dark is definitely not what you will want in this beautiful journey. Therefore, getting your hands on the best camping string lights is very important, and to help you out, we have the best ones covered for you in this article.
- 1 Why String Lights?
- 2 Best Camping String Lights:
- 3 Best Camping String Lights
- 3.1 1. Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead String Lights
- 3.2 2. Power Practical Luminoodle Light Rope
- 3.3 3. Coleman LED String Lights
- 3.4 4. ALOVECO 50 LED Battery Powered Fairy String Lights
- 3.5 5. Camco Retro Travel Trailer Lights
- 3.6 6. Bebrant LED Rope Lights
- 3.7 7. EQFeast Color Changing Wind Chime
- 3.8 8. Brightown 40 LED Water Drop Solar Powered Lights
- 4 Buying guide for Camping String Lights:
Why String Lights?
Since there are various other options that you can go for, here is why string lights are the most popular to be taken along when camping:
- The string lights consume very little power as compared to other functional lights.
- They create a super attractive and aesthetic ambiance.
- The string lights make the whole place look cozy.
- They make the whole experience of camping more pleasant.
Best Camping String Lights:
Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead String Lights
Power Practical Luminoodle Light Rope
Coleman LED String Lights
ALOVECO 50 LED Battery Powered Fairy String Lights
Camco Retro Travel Trailer Lights
Bebrant LED Rope Lights
eQFeast Color Changing Wind Chime
22 vertical inches
Brightown 40 LED Water Drop Solar Powered Lights
Best Camping String Lights
1. Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead String Lights
Providing almost three hundred lumens of light, this Biolite Sidelight XL overhead string light is a bit different from your conventional string lights. What makes it the difference is the fact that this string light can easily get folded and is a fabric lantern that you can hang in your tent. Only one of these is enough to lighten up your camping tent; however, you can connect up to eight of them as well if you need more light and ambiance.
This string light by Biolite can meet a variety of your needs that include decorating your tent, increasing visibility, or creating a mood and relaxed, aesthetically appealing sight. Bonus, this string light is portable and can fold up to a minimal size that becomes super easy to carry.
- Easy and quick setup.
- Solar-powered string lights.
- Power with USB charger.
- Lighting angle controls.
- Includes light brightening or dimming options.
- 3.5 ounces weight.
- Forty feet reach.
2. Power Practical Luminoodle Light Rope
When it comes to the Luminoodle Light Rope, it seems as the designer kept in mind all the things that may be needed when you want to light your camp at night. This is because it comes with unique features that include magnets and utility loops that make them easy to hang on camp tables, trees, etc. Additionally, it comes with a USB port battery which is definitely a plus point.
It is a multi-purpose, light in weight rope light that is bright enough for a small camping area. It provides you with the options of how to hang it since it includes a stuff sack, plastic ties, and magnetic sliders. This string light may not be as bright as other string light options; however, it is suitable for use during camping with the brightness that it has to offer.
- LED light source type.
- DC power source.
- Five feet outdoor rope lights.
- Produce 180 lumens of camp light.
- Can be stuck, hanged, or transformed into a lantern.
3. Coleman LED String Lights
If simple string lights seem too mainstream to you and you want to add some fun twist to your camp, these Coleman LED string lights are the way to go. What makes these lights stand out is that they are not just tiny string lights like others, but each string consists of ten lanterns to provide aesthetics and the light you require.
These ten little lanterns are powered by three AA batteries and are portable and very easy to carry and hang. These LED lights can go up to 20 hours on one set of batteries, and the string may stretch up to 6 feet easily. In simpler words, these are a very pretty and excellent set of decorative lights that you can use for your campsite.
- Black in color.
- LED type light source.
- 3 AA batteries.
- Runtime up to 20 hours.
- The string stretches up to 6 feet.
4. ALOVECO 50 LED Battery Powered Fairy String Lights
If you are looking for something that will add a very funky and party kind of a feel to your campsite, the ALOVECO 50 LED battery-powered string lights is what you should get your hands on. With all the different lighting modes that it offers, these colorful round bulbs come in different colors to add the ambiance you are looking for.
Bonus, it comes with a six-hour timer that will turn off the lights after six hours for almost 18 hours, so you don’t have to worry about turning them off manually anymore.
- Outdoor usage.
- LED type light source.
- Multicolored lights.
- Controlled by a remote.
- 3 AA battery.
- Automatic timers.
5. Camco Retro Travel Trailer Lights
Are you looking for something cute and cool at the same time for your camping site? Well, these Camco retro travel trailer lights are the answer. These string lights will gain you extra points for styling and decorating your campsite. While other string lights look like a strand of wires during the daytime, these travel lights look like decorative pieces.
With almost ten unique and colorful styles to choose from, these travel lights will successfully add a festive kind of look to your outdoor camping site. Each strand has an end connecter that allows you to hook multiple strands together if you want to.
- Multicolored string lights.
- Ten light sources.
- 120 volts.
- Overload protection.
- Indoor and outdoor use.
- Includes spare fuse and two spare bulbs.
6. Bebrant LED Rope Lights
If you need string lights that will allow you to hang them in any way you want to, these rope lights are definitely for you. The rope lights are a great idea because they are pretty much simple to hang along with being flexible enough to be dealt with in any way.
Bonus, these rope lights do not have a dangling bulb that may create the problem of tangling with each other, which is definitely a plus point. Additionally, with the Bebrant LED rope lights, you are allowed to have ten different brightness levels along with eight different lighting modes.
- One pack of multicolored string lights.
- Indoor and outdoor usage both.
- Multi-function remote control.
- You can bend it into various shapes.
- 3 AA batteries.
7. EQFeast Color Changing Wind Chime
An eQFeast wind chime is definitely a go-to option if you want your campsite to stand out among others. These string lights are not really the conventional ones since they give a wind chime look because of the design they’ve made.
Not only they’re aesthetically appealing because of the light changing factor but very simple and easy to handle and install too. Hanging this wind chime in your camp will serve the purpose of string lights and add creativity and aesthetics to your camp, especially if you are having a party or get-together.
- Crystal ball design.
- Plastic, crystal, and glass material.
- Six crystal balls.
- Indoor and outdoor use both.
- Includes a wind chime hanger hook.
8. Brightown 40 LED Water Drop Solar Powered Lights
While they may carry various features that you can easily find in other string lights, however, what makes these lights different is the shape they come in. The extended shape, like water drops of these string lights, gives a very relaxed ambiance to the campsite and gives off a very warm light.
Additionally, these bulbs are not too very bright, which can distract you in the nighttime. These bulbs are solar-powered and battery-powered, so you don’t have to worry about recharging anymore.
- 40 light sources.
- 2 volts.
- Solar and battery-powered both.
- You can recharge it without wires or sockets.
- 25 feet long.
- Eight lighting modes.
- Warm white soft glow.
Buying guide for Camping String Lights:
While there may be various options available in the market, and we may have sorted out the best for you; still, you’ve got to select camping string lights yourself. If you are confused about what things to look for while buying one, here we have mentioned them all for you in this buying guide.
Lumens and Brightness:
No matter what camping string lights you choose, looking at what brightness it has to offer is extremely important. If the lights are too defeated, they don’t serve the purpose they are bought for, and if they are too bright, they kind of become distracting. Therefore, lumens are basically the units in which brightness is measured and knowing about how many lumens give what kind of light is important. Here it is explained:
- Low brightness: 30-100 lumens. With 100 lumens, you will only be able to move and look around your campsite. The low brightness that is offered won’t allow you to indulge in detailed tasks.
- Medium brightness: 200-500 lumens. This amount of brightness will create an ambiance successfully and allow you to indulge in different activities like playing cards, cooking, etc.
- High brightness: above 600 lumens. This amount of brightness is your go-to option if you want to look at loads of details over a very large area. For this amount of brightness, it is feasible that the length of the string lights is long enough so that they can light up a large area without being too intense.
There are different power sources in order to power string lights that include batteries, solar power, other devices, etc. If you are going to buy string lights powered by other devices, make sure that you have that device before you go for your camping trip. The main power sources are:
- USB: The string lights with a USB port will require an extra device to charge them. You will need a portable battery pack or a generator in order to charge the lights. Make sure you have enough fuel that can last throughout the trip.
- Batteries: AA and AAA are most common, and the lights charged using AAA battery power run for almost 20 hours. You can easily find these AA or AAA batteries at hardware stores, drug stations, etc. If you buy string lights that are run-on batteries, make sure to bring some extra batteries in case they run out.
- Solar Powered: This will charge the lights for a whole day and will give you brightness throughout the night. Solar power seems to be the most environmentally friendly and suitable option to go for, however, do confirm about the weather conditions on your campsite. If the weather is cloudy, the lights won’t charge.
- Wall plug: These are your old-fashioned wall plugs and are a good option since they get you free from all the worries like a battery running out or the weather getting cloudy. However, it is usually not recommended since it is difficult to find it at the campsite.
You never know what kind of weather you are going to have when camping; therefore, it is extremely important to know if your string lights are weatherproof or not. The IP rating helps you determine this factor, and the larger the IP number, the better it is going to function in different weathers.
Length of the String Lights:
The most straightforward and simple feature of the string lights is their length. The length of the string light completely depends on how you want to decorate your campsite and the size of the area you want to illuminate. For small areas like tents or picnic tables, the shorter lengths of string lights will do the job. For placing between trees or around the trailers, longer lengths are preferred.
The Time they will Last:
Considering the time that the string lights can last is also one of the important factors that you should look for. The time of the string lights running depends on their power source and the light themselves.
String lights that run on batteries have more fixed ties to run as compared to other power sources. If your string lights are running on a generator or battery pack, they can run as long as there is fuel to run them. When it comes to light themselves, the number of bulbs, along with the brightness they offer, also affects the time period that string lights are going to run for. The more light your string emits, the more power it consumes from the battery, and hence shorter will be their running time.