When it comes to bass fishing, one can’t deny the importance of getting hands on the best bass fishing rods out there. The bass fishing rod should not only allow you to cast lures, but it should also be accessible for working baits and haul in fishes.
However, having tons of options available in the market, selecting the best one can be an overwhelming process. The process can be very much confusing, from choosing between casting and spinning rods to selecting the best length and power rods. Worry no more, as we have all the best and pocket-friendly options of bass fishing rods covered for you under this article.
- 1 Best Bass Fishing Rod Comparison Table
- 2 Best Bass Fishing Rod Reviews 2022
- 2.1 1. St.Croix Rods Legend Xtreme Casting Rod – All-around Bass Spinning Rod
- 2.2 2. Kastking Speed Demon Pro
- 2.3 3. UglyStik GX2 Spinning Rod- Bass Fishing Rod for Beginners
- 2.4 4. Abu Garcia Vengeance – Bass Fishing Rod
- 2.5 5. Enigma Fishing Pro Tournament Rod – Bass Spinning Rod for the Money
- 2.6 6. ENTSPORT E Series – Bass Spinning Rod
- 2.7 7. Kastking Perigee II – Bass Fishing Rod for Money
- 3 Best Bass Fishing Rod – Buying Guide:
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions:
Best Bass Fishing Rod Comparison Table
St.CroixRods Legend Xtreme Casting Rod
Medium to medium-heavy
Kastking Speed Demon pro
UglyStik GX2 Spinning Rod
Ultralight to heavy
Abu Garcia Vengeance
6’6’’ – 7’6’’
Medium to Medium/heavy
Enigma Fishing Pro Tournament Rod
6’9’’ – 7’6’’
Medium to extra heavy
ENTSPORT E Series
Medium to Medium-heavy
Kastking Perigee II
Best Bass Fishing Rod Reviews 2022
1. St.Croix Rods Legend Xtreme Casting Rod – All-around Bass Spinning Rod
Having an advanced construction comprising of graphite, this St.Croix Rods Legend Xtreme Casting rod is one of the best all-around bass spinning rods for anglers who are looking for high performance. The company offers a high strain graphite fiber along with high modulus fishing rods that guarantee smooth performance and great durability.
The fishing rod has greater strength and is absolutely light in weight which ensures smooth performance. It comes with the TET (Taper Enhancement Technology), which is responsible for providing the curved patterns in order to deliver increased sensitivity and improved actions. The lower part of the fishing rod consists of super high modulus SCVI carbon to ensure strength and power with reduced weight. All these features make it one of the best spinning rods for bass.
- Advanced Graphite Construction.
- Strong aluminum-oxide rings.
- Extra fast action.
- Medium Power.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Wacky style Technique.
- Five years of warranty.
- Best bass fishing rod for the money.
- Extremely durable
- Efficient and lightweight
- Comes with five years of warranty.
- Higher strain count than the competitors.
- According to some reviews, the guides were crooked when the package arrived.
- Reel seat loosening up can be an issue.
2. Kastking Speed Demon Pro
Available in four different lengths, the Kastking Speed Demon Pro has also made to the list of best bass fishing rods because of the features it has to offer. It offers nano resin technology and elite carbon blanks to reduce the weight of the rod and improve its performance. The blanks make this rod not only strong and durable but also extremely sensitive that you can get your hands on.
Additionally, the reel seats and guides used in this bass fishing rod are of the finest Fuji to make sure that the reels do not move and stay firmly in their place. The handles have golf-style grips that ensure the best gripping even when your hands are wet.
- Comes in a one-piece design.
- Lightweight composite Crankbait rod.
- Look as good as they perform.
- Gives a firm and pure grip throughout the fishing journey.
- Medium to fast power.
- Exceptionally good grip.
- Quite easy to maintain.
- Easy brake system
- Light in weight
- Small learning curve during the brake adjustment.
- You can face backlash if the brake system is not adjusted properly.
3. UglyStik GX2 Spinning Rod- Bass Fishing Rod for Beginners
Coming with a clear tip design, this Ugly Stik GX2 spinning rod is primarily known for the durability it has to offer. Having a clean matter black finish, this is one of the best bass fishing rods for beginners because the design comprises a combination of graphite and fiberglass, giving it a fine, sleek, and stylish look. This fishing rod’s guides have been designed into a single piece, and the rod is very much lighter and easier to carry.
What makes it one of the best spinning rods for bass is the one-piece guide that this fishing rod has to offer which is made up of stainless steel that guarantees much more durability as compared to its competitors. The fishing rod’s grip is made up of EVA material, which makes gripping a lot better and feels better in your hands, and easy to hold even if you hold it for an hour-long period of fishing.
- Comes with seven years of warranty.
- Strong construction comprising of graphite and fiberglass.
- Durable and light in weight grips.
- 6’ of length.
- Clear tip design.
- Strong and sensitive.
- There are various weights available for you to choose the best one for yourself.
- Very much durable.
- Light in weight.
- Good price to value ratio.
- It comes in two pieces that can come apart.
- Foam v/s cork handle.
4. Abu Garcia Vengeance – Bass Fishing Rod
Available in five different lengths to give you the options according to your feasibility and demands, the Abu Garcia Vengeance fishing rod is one of the best fishing rods you can get your hands on. The construction is solely carried out using high-quality 24-ton graphite so that the rod is absolutely light in weight and easy for the users to carry while they enjoy their fishing experience to the fullest.
Additionally, the rod comes with a balanced design and has stainless steel guides along with Titanium oxide inserts to offer high-quality performance. The handles are made up of high-density EVA, which ensures high durability and comfort while fishing.
- Comes in five different lengths.
- Various powers are starting from medium-heavy to heavy.
- 24-ton graphite construction.
- Light in weight.
- An absolute balanced design.
- A hook keeper for all kinds of bait applications.
- The ranges of lengths and powers can easily cater to your needs.
- Great performing fishing gear.
- Absolutely smooth casting performance.
- The reel collar gets separated within few uses, according to some reviews.
- The adhesive is not up to the mark.
- The rod broke while catching a fish during the fight, according to some users.
5. Enigma Fishing Pro Tournament Rod – Bass Spinning Rod for the Money
A one-piece rod that is non-collapsible, this Enigma Fishing pro tournament rod comes in ten different lengths starting from 6’9” to 7’6”, giving you an option of choosing the best and the most feasible one for yourself according to your demands and requirements. The combination of Japanese Toray Graphite along with X-tape makes them extremely light in weight to carry and quite sensitive.
The handles are of golf style double stitched, and they are not cheaply glued to ensure that they do not come apart in any way. Bonus, they come with their own custom case with all the basic rod information to make identification and understanding of the functions easier.
- Comes in ten different models.
- Japanese Toray Graphite along with X-tape.
- Extremely light in weight.
- Sensitive performance.
- Zirconium rings to ensure longer casting performance.
- Perfect balance for each rod.
- Double-stitched golf-style handles.
- Very much well-balanced.
- Sturdy structure.
- Absolutely light in weight and easy to carry.
- Well balanced.
- High-quality materials used.
- The tip breaks while setting the hook.
- According to few reviews, the rod did not come in one piece.
6. ENTSPORT E Series – Bass Spinning Rod
The design that is not only unique but also professional, this ENTSPORT E series rod is definitely something you can get your hands on. It comes in two different power tip rods that range from medium to medium-heavy. The rod is definitely a good value for the money, so if you’re looking for a pocket-friendly option, this is the one.
The handles are high-density EVA which ensures greater durability and sensitivity. Not only this, these handles make sure to add to your comfortability and control so you can easily spend long periods of time with minimum fatigue. The overall strength of this rod is absolutely great, and that too being light in weight. All these features make it one of the best all-around bass spinning rods.
- The 24-ton carbon fiber used.
- Professional and unique design.
- Comes with two tips.
- Easy to adjust according to the casting weight.
- Amazing overall strength.
- Light in weight.
- Maximum casting performance.
- Corrosion-resistant guides.
- Comes with two different tops with medium-high and medium power.
- Absolutely easy on the pocket.
- Amazing sensitivity.
- The top piece snapped in half for few customers.
- Received with a broken rod tip for a number of customers.
7. Kastking Perigee II – Bass Fishing Rod for Money
Constructed with 24-ton carbon matric blank technology, the Kastking Perigee II has made it to the list of best bass spinning rods because of the strength, power, and accuracy in performance it has to offer. It is available in 29 different sizes, and you can select any of them according to your demands and convenience of use. Not only this, but it also comes in various powers starting from ultra-light to heavy spinning rod.
Additionally, the best quality components are used in this fishing rod, from high strength reel seats to Fuji-O ring line guides. The power runs smoothly throughout your fishing journey, which makes it one of the best fishing rods you can get your hands on.
- High-performance casting rod.
- Award-winning manufacturer.
- Lightest rod.
- Smooth power.
- Moderate to fast action rod.
- Great fast action.
- Absolutely light in weight.
- Stable and smooth connection.
- Light and heavy lures work really well.
- Best bass fishing rod for the money.
- According to few reviews, the tip snapped off while setting the hook.
- The rod broke for a few customers
Best Bass Fishing Rod – Buying Guide:
Here are the things you should pay attention to while buying a bass fishing rod so that, as a beginner, you can get your hands on the best one.
Rod Action and Power:
For catching bass, the fast action with medium power can be the best choice for you to have a smooth fishing experience. Although the power doesn’t affect your experience much, however, a fast action rod will always be a good option to get your hands on.
Construction of the rod:
Before you get your hands on a fishing rod, make sure that its construction is durable. The best two materials would definitely be graphite or fiberglass. However, with fiberglass, you may get to make some compromises on the durability and sensitivity; therefore, either a mixture of them or just graphite construction can always be a better option to go for.
Kind of Rod:
You will have two options when buying a bass fishing rod, including a casting rod or a spinning rod. The casting rods are able to handle big lures and heavy lines. The spinning rods are basically used when you are opting for non-power fishing scenarios. So it completely depends on you which one suits you the best.
Guides of the Fishing Rod:
The high quality of the guides ensures reduced line in friction and long casts. For this purpose, the guides made up of ceramic or titanium can do an exceptional job.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I look for in a bass fishing rod?
While buying a bass fishing rod, you should definitely pay attention to the fishing line and the lure weight that you use most often.
How do I pick the right fishing rod?
The shorter rod can cover shorter distances, and the longer rods can cover the longer distances. You can choose the right fishing rod depending on the distance you want to cover while fishing.
What is a power rod best for bass fishing?
If using a single larger hook, a fishing rod having medium to heavy power can be the best option to go for and make your fishing experience smoother.
Best Bass Fishing Rod- Conclusion:
While selecting a bass fishing rod out of various options available in the market can prove to be overwhelming for you, for this purpose, we have tried to cover all the best bass fishing rods that are not only convenient to use but can be very much cost friendly to get your hands on.